Balsamic caramelised onion chutney
- red onion - 4 large, sliced thinly
- extra virgin olive oil - 2 tbsp
- garlic - 4, sliced
- agave syrup - 4 tbsp
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp (optional)
- red wine - 3 tbsp (optional)
- balsamic vinegar - 3 tbsp
- salt - pinch of
Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add sliced onions and sprinkle with salt to sweat. Cook until onions are soft and browning, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add garlic and continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Add mustard seeds. Add balsamic vinegar, red wine and bring to a boil. Cook until most of the liquid has soaking into the onions.
Slow cooking in this case the master key perfect results. You can serve it immediately or store in sterile jars. The refrigerator will last 2 months definitely.