Lentils with caramelised pear
- 3 cups cooked lentils - cook until al dente
- 2 ripe pear - cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red chilli - finely chopped
- 4 hands full mixed salad
- 1/2 cup walnuts - chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- baby tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. In a pan, add pears and mixture and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the pear is caramelised all over. Make sure there’s enough liquid, adding water a tablespoon at a time if needed. Remove the pears from heat and set aside.
Roast the baby tomatoes 15 minutes or until soft.
Put the cooked lentils in a bowl, add the walnuts and chilli, the remaining olive oil and the lemon juice, salt, pepper and toss everything together gently.
To serve, arrange the mix salad on plates, cover with lentil salad and top with pears and tomatoes.