Mushroom tomato stroganoff
- onions - 2 medium, chopped
- garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- vegetable broth - 1 cup
- mushrooms - 5 cups, sliced (half portobello, half button mushrooms)
- plant-based cream - 1 cup
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- white wine - 2 tbsp
- fresh thyme - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- tamari sauce - 2 tbsp (or soy sauce)
- tomato paste - 2-3 tbsp
- dijon mustard - 1/2 tbsp
- ground pepper - 1 tsp
- ground cumin - 1/2 tsp
- salt, pepper - to taste
In a large saucepan heat oil on medium, add onions and sauté until they become translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (approx. 3 minutes). Stir in thyme, wine, mushrooms, and ground cumin. Sauté for another 10 minutes.
In a small bowl mix soy sauce, tomato paste, mustard and add the mixture to the pan. Add vegetable broth and cook for another few minutes. Finally, add cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh thyme and serve with pasta, rice or potatoes.