Raw brownies with chocolate glaze
- raw almonds - 1 cup
- raw mixed nuts - 1 cup, + more for topping
- dates - 1 cup, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for a few minutes)
- cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
- walnuts - 1 handful, (or cashews)
- dairy free raw dark chocolate - a few pieces
- sea salt - 1 tsp
- Chocolate glaze (optional)
- almond milk - 1/4 cup, (or any dairy free milk)
- dairy free raw dark chocolate - 1 cup, chopped
- coconut oil - 3 tbsp
- sea salt - pinch of
Place almonds and nuts in blender and process until finely ground. Transfer to big bowl and add cocoa powder and sea salt, mix well (use your hands). Set aside.
Place pitted dates in blender and blend until smooth (if too dry, add 1 tbsp water). Add dates to almond and nut mixture and mix well. Line the inside of a small square baking pan with plastic wrap.
Put brownie "dough" into baking pan and press firmly into bottom of pan.
For the chocolate glaze
Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan until simmering. Turn heat off and remove from heat. Immediately add chocolate to warm milk and leave to melt it for two minutes. Add pinch of salt, coconut oil and use a whisk to mix it very well. Put in fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
Frost brownies generously with chocolate glaze and then top with additional nuts and sea salt. Slice and serve.
Note: Refrigerate brownies if glazed in order to maintain texture.