Tofu with tomato and shallot chutney
- 150g tofu natural
- vegetable oil - for deep-frying
- 3 tomatoes - roughly chopped
- 5 shallots - peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli - roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of garam masala
- salt and pepper - to taste
To make the chutney, combine chopped tomatoes, shallots, chilli, coriander leaves and a pinch of salt. Set aside. Cut the tofu into large cubes. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook tofu until the cubes are lightly browned, then add chutney mixture and a pinch of garam masala. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are softened. Finally, add lemon juice and this amazing chutney is done!
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot or cold!