Tomato tofu salad
- cherry tomatoes - 500g, sliced in half
- spring onions - 2, sliced
- red onion - 1/2, thinly sliced
- natural tofu - 200g, cubbed
- fresh basil leaves - handful, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil - 1-2 tbsp
- lemon juice - from 1/2 lemon
- maple syrup - 2 tsp, (depending on taste)
- salt, pepper - to taste
Put the olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix very well. Put vegetables, tofu and basil leaves in a medium bowl. Pour the olive oil mixture over the tomatoes and stir together in a circular motion so all the veggies get covered with the dressing.
Serve immediately or cover and chill for at least 1 hour then the salad is even better!